Sydney food tour – with a personal touch and a dose of culture
Eat, order and shop like a local insider!
Are you an intrepid traveller wanting to venture beyond Sydney’s usual tourist traps? Maybe you’re cruising to Sydney and looking for a shore excursion with a difference. Perhaps you’re an adventurous foodie who lives in Sydney. Or you could even be that lucky person tearing your hair out, trying to organise a corporate event with a difference.
Whoever you are, you’ll make happy discoveries and learn great kitchen tricks on a food safari with Feasting in the Know.
One-minute introductory videos:
I am available for…
…a culturally and gastronomically eye-opening private-group food tour for:
- corporate events: team bonding with your workmates, or a client function that’ll have ’em talking for a long time;
- school excursions for students of Hospitality, Food Technology or Asian languages or culture (Faraday Pang who teaches at Presbyterian Ladies’ College says: “I recommend all Asian language teachers should come on this tour”);
- a memorable outing for your overseas or interstate visitors to Sydney; and
- hassle-free private food tours with your family and friends.
- save you the hassle of organising everything yourself; and
- give your event an unusual but interesting focal point: your own food festival! It’s invaluable for eliminating those awkward silences when your guests run out of things to talk about.
Video on Feasting in the Know for travellers to Sydney (less than 1½ minutes):
…are tailored to private groups.
I offer a personal touch on all:
(a) Grazing Adventures (walking food tours); and
(b) Seriously Good Banquets (hosted authentic banquets with cultural immersion).
Every event is tailored to suit your group, in terms of budget, duration, how active or sedentary it is, and culinary preferences or restrictions.
When you go on a Grazing Adventure, you will discover:
(a) my Secret Weapons for the Kitchen; and
(b) which eateries in the area serve The-Real-Deal Food, and each eatery’s specialties. Because it’s impossible to cook every dish with equal finesse when one has 60 items on the menu.
For more details of Grazing Adventures and Seriously Good Banquets, see the Products page.
My overriding philosophy
In all my offerings, I aim to:
~ show you authentic cuisine;
~ share my local expertise on the best eateries;
~ give a light-hearted dose of culture, to complete your experience of certain cuisines;
~ dish out shopping tips at grocery shops for a tasty, economical mid-week dinner or a party (these make great visiting gifts too); and
~ where possible, support local family businesses that produce top-quality food. My final focus is on the food. So an eatery with top-quality food which happens to be a franchise may still make it into my list.
Like what you see?
Make a booking here.
Follow the Feasting in the Know blog – via Twitter, Facebook or by clicking the Follow button (all on the right side bar)