Did you know that fiery Korean pickle kimchi dates from the 8th century? Or that kimchi was a contender in Huffington Post’s 2013 Superfood Death Match?
But to say that Korean cuisine is all kimchi, chili and BBQs is like saying Aussies only eat meat pies and burnt snags. Patently false.
♥ Sumptuous Korean banquet and culture.
♥ Korean food shopping secrets.
♥ Chinese & Korean Mid-autumn Festival special desserts and stories. That’s 2 cultures for the price of 1!
Join this special themed Korean Adventure to learn about traditional Korean cuisine and modern Korean practices – which can be sensible, political or just plain fun.
FITK’s September Korean Adventure is especially festive. This once-a-year event celebrates the Mid-autumn Festival, when the moon is at its fullest. Chinese and Koreans have celebrated it since ancient times, each in its unique way.
- A Seriously Good Korean Banquet. A bountiful, wholesome multi-course lunch at an authentic Korean restaurant.
~ Mainly non-spicy. Vegetarian option available with notice.
~ Learn the intricacies and etiquette of Korean dining.
~ Savour a broth simmered for 30 hours. It’s the Koreans’ low-calorie secret to a beautiful complexion and a sworn hangover cure (healthier than a greasy fry-up).
- A guided shopping trip…to the best Korean grocer in the inner west. Get answers to burning questions such as:
– What are the top 3 Korean snacks? Exactly why are they so popular?
– Which 2 Korean Secret Foods can effortlessly zhuzh up your cooking?
- An original recipe for a healthy and delicious Korean-inspired dish.
- A rare treat of traditional Mid-autumn Festival sweets, like Korean songpyeon rice cakes and strictly seasonal Chinese mooncakes in unusual flavours from an artisan maker. Do the Mooncake Blind Taste Test to identify the artisanal mooncake!
- 14 Sep 2013, 11.00am-2.15pm
- Bookings close on 10 Sep.
- $90 per person.
- This will be a walking tour in North Strathfield. The exact meeting place will be disclosed to confirmed guests.
- North Strathfield has many intriguing food businesses – I’ll share my secrets with you! Free weekend parking is available, and it is accessible by public transport.
IMPORTANT. Any open-to-all FITK event will proceed only if 4 or more tickets are sold. Get your mates on board and make your tour happen! And do read the other Terms and Conditions.
Your private event
If the above date doesn’t work for you, make a private booking for this event on your selected date with your companions. No minimum number required, and you can even choose a venue and time of day. See details here.
How to book – One simple step
Use the contact form on the Contact and bookings page. I will then email you a confirmation with details on payment, meeting place and directions.
Guests’ testimonials from last year’s Mid-Autumn Korean Adventure:
- “Food I wouldn’t have ordered myself, but it was excellent.” That’s what I want to hear! I get a kick out of helping people discover new dishes to love.
- “I’m lovin’ the stories behind the food and [local] area. Real good quality food.”
- “Food was lovely and the trip around the store was really interesting.”
- “Supermarket [tour] was a highlight.”